So I was on Necole Bitchie this morning and came across this post..Boris Kodjo was giving insight on 'What a MAN should BE" via twitter. I thought it was a great way to motivate some of you guys to get your shit together! lol NO PUN INTENDED! I just thought it was something we all could appreciate :). This post hit the nail on the head comepletely!
"What a MAN Should BE"
“- Embrace your imperfections
- Laugh at yourself. A woman likes a man who doesn’t take himself too serious.
- Fix or build something with your hands. It’ll show her that you are capable of taking care of a home.
- Know how to cook and clean. It’ll show her that you don’t need her but that you WANT her.
- Get your passport and travel. A man needs to see the world.
- Communicate without cursing. You don’t need to curse to make a point. Cursing shows lack of substance.
- In bed, take care of your woman first. When she’s satisfied you are DA MAN!!!
- Stay in shape. It’ll show her that you care about yourself and therefore are able to care about her.
- Take care of your responsibilities. Anything less is unacceptable. A boy is irresponsible, not a man.
- Open her her door and pull out her chair. It shows her that you honor traditional values. Trust me, she will do the same.
- Be present! Take her in with your eyes and ears. Your attention will make her feel loved and she won’t ever nag you.
- Read a f—ing book! (Sorry, violation of ‘no cursing’ rule) But seriously, ignorance is a major turn-off. Book on tape will do.
- Have an ambition. You don’t need to be rich but you need to show direction and motivation. Keep a job!
- Last one for today: Treat a woman the way you would want your daughter to be treated. Anything less is unacceptable.”